Why I Avoid Plastic Water Bottles!
It’s no secret that drinking plenty of water is essential to having a healthy body and beautiful skin, but did you ever stop to think about the bottle you’re drinking from? Besides being harmful to our planet, you must also factor in the massive amounts of research that now shows plastic can be toxic to our health as well! If you currently use a plastic water bottle on the daily, you might want to read more about why I opt for a reusable glass water bottle instead!
Why Plastic is Toxic to our Planet-
- Up to 8 million tons of plastic is dumped into the ocean each year.
- Plastic can take over 400 years to break down in the water
- It’s polluting the ocean and affecting our ecosystem
- By 2050, it’s estimated that there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish!
Why Plastic is Toxic to our Health-
- Chemicals in plastic, like bisphenol-A (BPA), can actually leach into our water, especially if it’s heated.
- These plastic chemicals are linked to hormone disruptions because they can mimic estrogen in our bodies.
- Hormone disruption in the body can then possibly lead to cancer, infertility, impaired brain development, and other health issues I am not down to risk!
What Bottles Should I Use?
My current go-to water bottle is the glass bkr bottles as they are not only safe and reusable but beyond adorable thanks to their decorative silicone sleeves. I carry over 20 different styles and colors in my store, from metallics and pastels to spiked and shaped there is a bkr out there just for you! And for those extra glamorous bunnies, you’ll love the Rose Gold Tutu bkr which has a gold-plated cap and over 500 Swarovski crystals! Now you can stay hydrated, in style, and without the chemicals.
To see all of the bkr bottles in my store, head here.