One of my all-time favorite beauty products has to be hair oil, and after learning about how damaging my beloved Morrocan Oil is, I was desperately in need of a much cleaner alternative. Before I tell you more about my safer swap, I would like to take a second to talk about why products like MorrocanOil are so damaging for us. While most people probably assume that these products are simply natural oils that nourish and tame our wild tresses, the ingredients of these products are anything but.
So, what’s really inside MoroccanOil’s hair products? Take a peek!
- D&C Red-17– This is used as a colorant and is considered a class 3 carcinogen. You should avoid all products with this ingredient in it, at all times. Skin absorption has been seen.
- Parabens– These preservatives may cause healthy cells to grow and survive like cancerous cells and can also be found in various breast tumors. Parabens are also endocrine disruptors with multiple links to allergic reactions.
- Fragrances– A combination of over 3,000 fragrances can be added to our beauty products, which very often lead to hormone disruptions and allergic reactions.
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone– This is added to leave a pleasant fragrance, however, this is toxic to aquatic organisms and can cause various allergic reactions.
- Cyclomethicone– This is a silicone-based compound.
- Coumarin– Used to increase aroma, this ingredient can lead to skin irritations or allergic reactions.
- Behentrimonium Chloride– Another ingredient known to cause irritations to the skin.
As you can see, the entire MorroconOil line is infested with ingredients that harm more than they help, which is why it’s very important to toss this line out and opt for a safer alternative instead. To see just how dirty MorroconOil products are, give them a scan on the Think Dirty App!
And now, for the fun part, meet Prim Botanicals, the safer, natural, all-around better substitution! Prim Botanicals is a hair and skin care line made entirely of natural products, designed to improve the condition of your hair, face, and skin! While I am a huge fan of their body and face oils, my very favorite product by them is certainly their hair oil.
The Hair Oil-
This hair oil really is so awesome, and it’s no wonder it’s a personal fave as it’s made up of so many hydrating ingredients! Made from ingredients like coconut oil, camellia oil, argan oil, tamanu oil, marula oil, and more, this hair treatment is a must-have and can be used in a few fun ways! Use this one product as a leave-in treatment before washing your hair, as a hot oil treatment to hydrate dry scalps, or on wet hair as a leave-in treatment before styling!
I love using this in all three ways but mostly use this as an after-styling oil to tame frizzy ends. Just a few drops of this oil goes a long way, leaving me with silky soft, shiny hair.
The Face & Body Oil-
If you are also a fan of face and body oils, they also have these available! Their infamous body oil is designed to even out stretch marks as well as heal signs of eczema. This oil smells so amazing, you will surely be left feeling like you are on a tropical vacation after inhaling the aromatic hazelnut, almond, and camellia oils!
As if these hydrating oils weren’t enough, they also offer little booster oils you can combine with their other oils for that extra punch! This Potion #2 is made for those with more intense problems like eczema, stretch marks, psoriasis, scars, rashes, burns, razor burn, and bites! Simply massage this into the problem area and watch it transform. This is best layered with one of their base oils.
Overall this is a super sweet line to support, their products perform amazingly and you won’t have to worry about your hair’s condition or your health when using them.
Shop Prim Botanicals in The Organic Bunny store!