Organic Spicy Red Lentil Mushroom Pasta
As many of you know, Kyle and I have been on a plant-based diet since the start of the new year and honestly, we are obsessed with all of our meals, mostly due to finding a Vegan cheese that contains no soy and actually melts! At first changing to a plant-based diet seems overwhelming and impossible, especially for those meat and cheese loving men like Kyle but so far, we’re so good, we actually have been loving our meals so much we barely go out to eat anymore which is not only better on our health but our wallets as well. I definitely do not have time to blog like a professional food blogger so I apologize in advance if you were hoping for better pics or details ?
Today we made this Spicy Red Lentil Mushroom Pasta for lunch and it was legit, hands down the best pasta I have ever had and to think, we made it ourselves! I also love using this lentil pasta as the pasta as one serving alone has 21g of protein and 11g of fiber all while tasting so delicious. To avoid the typical food blogger rambles, I will jump right into this and as always, choose all Organic when possible!
Spicy Red Lentil Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time- 10 minutes.
Cook Time- 15 minutes.
Serves- 2 to 3 hungry people
- 2 boxes of Tolerant Red Lentil Pasta
- 2 large Portabella Mushrooms
- Mix of chiles- Jalapeño, Anaheim, Fresno, any kind you like will work!
- 1 Jar of Organic Marinara Sauce
- Avocado Oil
- Miyokos Mozzarella Cheese
- Mix of spices- Organic Cayenne, Garlic, Onion, Chili, Crushed Red Peppers
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- O’Brothers That’s Hot Sauce- optional but adds such a nice kick!
- Start boiling the pasta.
- Thinly slice veggies of your choice by hand or in a food processor for faster chopping.
- Grab your medium cast iron skillet and add 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil to bottom.
- Start on medium heat, add veggies in, sauté on low heat.
- Once veggies are cooked 70%, add in pasta sauce and spices then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once sauce and pasta is done, add drained pasta into the red sauce pan and mix.
- Add in small chunks of Miyokos mozzarella cheese, allowing it to melt while pan is still warm. Stir.
- That’s it, enjoy!