When it comes to makeup brushes, did you know that you are technically supposed to wash them after every use? As you can imagine, our makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria so while I don’t wash mine daily, I do understand the importance of clean brushes so I try to do it as often as I can. A popular question that I get asked often, though, is how do I clean them!? While I used to use Dr. Bronners, as of lately, I have switched to my Aleavia body wash, any scent, and I do find that it works even better to get my brushes squeaky clean and stay super soft. So, here is a quick breakdown of exactly how I clean my makeup brushes, naturally!
How To Clean Makeup Brushes Naturally-
- Grab your dirty makeup brushes, your Aleavia Body Wash and your Organic Bunny cleansing pad.
- One by one, take the brushes out and add a tiny bit of Aleavia, directly to the cleansing pad.
- Swirl the wet brush around your Cleansing Pad to make a slight lather. This is what removes the makeup.
- Use your fingers to really massage the brush and soap, as if you are washing your hair.
- Once you see most of the makeup is out, rinse well with warm water.
- Once your brush rinses totally clean and clear, gently tap excess water out against a towel.
- You can also wave the brush around in the air to sort of fling out any water.
- Take a towel and prop the brushes face down so no water can sink down into the brush. That’s it! Your brushes are now clean.
Tip- Be sure not to let your brushes stay wet for too long as that can erode some of the glue causing them to fall apart. Short and sweet, hopefully, this helps you all clean your makeup brushes, naturally!
Favorite Makeup Brushes-
For everyone wondering what my favorite makeup brushes are, I have a few different faves, to view my favorite makeup brushes, click here.