One of the most asked questions around here seems to be about hair care so I figured it was time to dedicate an entire post to just that, my current green beauty hair care routine! For the most part, I have very straight, fine hair, so finding Organic hair care that did not weigh my hair down and still cleaned well was my top priority! It took me a lot of time to find these favorites, but since I have, here are my current faves. Need a new hair routine and not sure where to start? Email us for your very own routine email@example.com
Organic Bunny’s Must-Have Hair Care!
- Best Collagen for Healthy Hair- Agent Nateur Holi Mane
- Shampoo for Sensitive Scalps- Under Luna Unscented or Sweet Baby Orange
- Shampoo for Oily, or Dandruff Prone Scalps- Under Luna Warrior or Rahua Volume
- Shampoo for Dry Hair- Rahua Classic or super dry try the Hydration
- Shampoo for Hair Loss or Damage- Rahua Enchanted Shampoo
- Shampoo for Men- Jack Henry
- Shampoo for Fine or Thin Hair- Rahua Volume Shampoo or Jordan Seban Shampoo
- Shampoo for Curly Hair- Rahua Hydration
- Shampoo for Blondes- Rahua Color Full
- Baby Shampoo- Under Luna Sweet Baby or Babo Botanicals
- Baby Conditioner- Under Luna Unscented
- Lice Shampoo- Babo Botanicals
- Conditioner for Dry or Damaged Hair- Under Luna Revive or Rahua Enchanted Conditioner
- Conditioner for Normal to Oily Hair- Under Luna Luna Love or Rahua Classic
- Conditioner for Fine to Medium Hair- Under Luna Serenity or Jordan Seban Conditioner
- Conditioner for Curly Hair- Rahua Hydration Conditioner
- Conditioner for Blondes- Rahua Color Full
- Chlorine Removing Shampoo- Babo Botanicals Swim & Sport
- Pet Shampoo- Petbiotics
- Scalp Scrub- Jordan Seban or Rahua
- Detangling Spray- Rahua
- Hair Gel- Rahua Aloe Gel
- Hair Spray- Rahua
- Heat Protectant- Rahua Leave in Treatment or Heat Shield Spray
- Root Boost- Jordan Mousse or Rahua Voluminous Spray
- Blow Dry Serum- Jordan Seban Le Baume
- Hair Smoothing Balm- Rahua
- Shine Hair Oil- Agent Nateur Silk Serum, Prim Botanicals Hair Oil or Earth Harbor
- Mousse- Jordan Seban La Mousse
- Hair Mask- Rahua Hydration Mask, Jordan Seban Le Masque or Under Luna Revive
- Hair Mask for Blondes- Rahua Color Full Mask
- Dry Scalp Spray- Aleavia Soothing Mist or Rahua Scalp Toner
- Dry Scalp Repair- Under Luna Scalp Oil or Rahua Founder’s Blend
- Dry Shampoo- Wildland Organics
- Shampoo Bars- Wildland Organics or Moon Valley Shampoo Bar
- Beachy Wave Sprays- I have several faves linked here.
- Smoothing Curls- Jordan Seban Le Baume, Rahua Curl Cream or Agent Nateur Silk Serum
- Hair Dye- BioKap 5.05 Chestnut Light Brown
- Scrunchi– Organic Bunny charm scrunchi.
- Hair Clips- Variety of faves here.
- Headbands– Organic Bunny terrycloth headbands.
- Curling Iron– T3 Twirl Curling Iron or BioIonic Long Barrel
- Blow Dryer– T3 Featherweight Dryer
- Hair Brushes– Tek Brushes
- Scalp Brush– Tek Brushes
- Baby Brushes– Tek Brushes
- Round Brushes– Olivia Garden
- Teasing Combs
- Afro Combs– Tek Brushes
How I Color My Hair-
To avoid excess fumes, I dye my hair just two times a year with BioKap 90% Natural hair dye. For the balayage, my hairstylist uses toxic lighteners, but we do those just once a year and on the ends only to avoid scalp absorption. It’s not perfect but it’s what works for me.
I think that’s it for now, these are all of the items I use almost every single time I wash my hair so, hopefully, these tips help you all out! Let me know any faves you have in the comments below, always looking for new ones! xo
23 thoughts on “Best Organic Hair Care”
Can you give a step by step on how you use the scalp repair? I have very fine wavy hair that is thick so when I wash my hair I avoid the scalp with conditioner because it weighs my hair down and I feel like I have product buildup and too much oil by the end of the day.
How do you use the scalp treatment ?
Do you use heating tools everyday also?
I only use the scalp repair at night, when I sleep. So, I will apply it all over my scalp, wake up and wash. I do this maybe once a month when my scalp is hurting only. I do not use heating tools every day, probably once a week only! I work from home so most days are buns!
I’m having a hard time finding the scalp repair product, when I click your link it takes me to all the Innersense hair products but I can’t find the one specifically for that. Is it called something else?
Thank you for this post, Amanda! I always admire your hair, and mine is a mess lately because I dyed it red on a whim and then back again to blonde. Is the leave in conditioner heavy at all? My hair is quite dry but also fine and thin. Thanks!
I would like to know this as well. I wanted highlights, but the stylist fried my naturally blonde hair. I’m trying desperately to not have to cut it off.
What is your hair dye schedule? When you dye it at home for the second time of the year, doesn’t it ruin your balayage?
What color do you use with the BioKap hair dye? I got mine done recently, and wanted the blonde ombre color out of my hair, but it seems to be back already! I’m looking for an all over pretty brunette, but a little nervous in doing it myself! Any tips? Thanks!
Do you have any suggestions for temporary or semi permanent hair color?? I do highlights three times a year and follow that w semi permanent as a “wash”. I’ve stop doing this as I haven’t been able to find a clean option. Thank you for any insight.
I’m always struggling to find a good hair dye with no nasties! I remember I used to color my hair with natural pigments at a very specific hairdresser back in Spain, but it’s very difficult to find here. TY for the heads-up!
Thank you for this! Just ordered your favorites with a discount & can’t wait to try!
Any recommendations for a product like mousse or anything that adds volume to straight/fine hair? Thanks!!
Exactly which innersence product do you use for heat protectant? Currently I use the feed my roots for non stop protectant but its very sticky
Sorry, added it. The leave in conditioner serves as one!
Since it has been a year, have you changed up your must have hair care. If you have, which ones? Thank you
I’m looking to buy a new curling iron and wondering about the comparison of the T3 vs the harry josh. I would love to hear your opinions about this.
What do you think of Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner?
In your stories the other day you mentioned that you use detangler but I can’t find any in your store. I would love to know what brand you use because I definitely need some! Thank you 🙂
I saw on another post that you use Jordan Seban – are there any other less expensive heat protectants that you would recommend? And on this post you said you only use the leave in conditioner for heat protectant. How does the conditioner protect hair from heat? Thanks!
Hi, I am looking for a better hair color option and have read your posts. Do you prefer the BioKap or the Naturigin hair color. And which colors do you use and how much of each. My hair color is similar to yours in the Naturigin post. Thankbyou for your help and for any tips. Will be taking this product to my stylist. 😀
Would love to know what Biokap hair color you use? imagine it’s for a base color? My complexion and coloring is much like yours and would love to hear what you recommend as I plan to purchase off their site you linked! Thank you
I have thick long wavy hair. Some natural shampoos well while I’m washing make my hair so thick and mad and I can’t even run my fingers through it. What shampoo and conditioner do you recommend? I guess they would categorize my hair as course because when I dry my hair it gets frizzy. Thanks so much!!
Hi. I am trying to switch all.of my haircare over to healthy products. I have thick curly/wavy hair that is colored. I currently use a leave in conditioner, moisturizing mousse, and a curl cream. Sometimes these items don’t even control my wild hair. Do you have any recommendations for curly hair products? Thank you!
I lost all of my hair during chemo last fall; it started growing back almost as soon as I was finished in December (thank goodness). I have ‘chemo curl’ and body which I have NEVER had in my entire life! I am trying to make healthier choices in what I put on my body and what I put in it, so are there any shampoos and conditioners (or any other hair products) you can suggest for me? I colored my hair from about the age of 20 until diagnosis at 44 (I know A LONG TIME), but I’ve decided to embrace the color it has come back as – which is about 50% gray and 50% a tad darker version of my natural medium brown. Now it seems I also have some itching, not terrible, but I do have some slight flaking every now and then! Thanks for any help. 🙂