Candles are something that most people think to themselves eh, they can’t be 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 bad, can they? Well, did you know that most candles are made from Paraffin Wax which, when burned, can turn into Toluene & Benzene, both of which are known Carcinogens? In addition to the above, you then want to consider the wicks in most candles and the fact that they are usually made from heavy metals which then dispurses heavy metals into the air we breathe.
Between that, the synthetic dyes, VOCs, and the fragrances found in most candles, it’s safe to say using conventional candles is polluting our indoor air for not only you but anyone else in the home including children, babies & pets. When it comes to candles, I always choose non-toxic or opt for something like an essential oil diffuser instead! If you do want to use a candle still, you can see my top choices here, or keep an eye out for the below! 🍃
When Candle Shopping Look For-
- Look for candles made from only Coconut, Beeswax, or Soy that has been tested for heavy metals.
- Only choose candles with 100% cotton or wood wicks to avoid wicks that contain lead.
- Make sure the scent is made from 100% essential oils only, no fragrances.
- Buy candles from a trusted source that values your home’s health.
- Always make sure your candles are dye-free!