Which Powder Type is Best for You?
Let’s talk powders. What are they? Why do you need one? And which powder will be best for you!? While, of course, you don’t need a powder, they sure can be helpful when extending the life of your foundation or for providing additional coverage to your look. Check out a few of my favorites to see which powders I use and when! And yes, I personally own almost every powder below and find myself reaching for different ones per season, day or mood.
Which Powder Is Best For You?
Foundation Powders- Looking for a little more coverage from your powder? If so, these are my faves for exactly that! These powders can be worn alone or over your liquid foundations for added coverage. This is my most
- Elate Beauty Pressed Powder– This is my #1 choice for adding coverage in powder form. This powder is super soft, easy to apply and really does leave my skin with a flawless, airbrushed finish. It leaves my skin looking polished without ever being cakey or dry. This works amazing over my Crunchi foundation and I wear Pearl in Winter and Flaxen in Summer. Professional Tip- This is a foundation so start with less and layer more on as needed!
- Hynt Beauty Fine Pressed Powder– For those that just want a little bit of coverage, this buildable, lightweight powder is nice for just a touch of coverage without being too heavy or cakey. I also love that it’s in a compact as it travels great for touchups throughout the day. I am the shade Sand.
Oil Absorbing Powders- Do you love a more matte look to your foundation? If so, you will want a powder that is made to absorb excess shine, leaving you with a more powdery finish. I personally can get a little oily in my forehead, nose and chin so when I want to keep these areas more polished and dew-free, I find myself reaching for a powder made to soak up oils.
- 100% Pure Bamboo Blur– This one is amazing for blurring out pores or imperfections all while absorbing excess shine. Just a little bit is all you need, it really goes a long way! Professional Tip– People can over apply this, less is more.
- Crunchi Translucent Powder– This works best with the Crunchi foundation, ideal for those wanting a more matte, longer lasting finish for their foundation. Professional Tip– People can over apply this also, less is more.
Finishing Powders- Do you want a powder that provides a little bit of coverage and a little bit of oil control? Here are my favorite powders that will set your makeup flawlessly to keep oil away and your complexion looking fab!
- Fitglow Vita Set Powder– For those that just want a bit more coverage without being overkill, this FITGLOW Vita Set Powder is made for exactly that. With added benefits like Marine Clay and B3 Vitamins, this is sort of a soothing skin care powder, setting powder, all in one. This is a very fine powder and it will leave you with a nice boost of coverage all while absorbing shine. This is a translucent nude powder which means it will work best on those with light to tan skin.
- Hynt Beauty Finale Finishing Powder– Perfect for those that want a more velvet matte finish, this creamy to the touch powder is sweat resistant and absorbs oil throughout the day, all while refusing to settle into fine lines or dry out the skin. I personally love this setting powder for absorbing excess shine and to really keep my foundation lasting all day long, it really does leave your makeup with that luminous but matte airbrushed finish. This is a translucent nude powder which means it will work best on those with light to tan skin.
Luminous Setting Powders- Some days, I really want a more glowy, illuminated yet natural finish to my makeup which is when I will reach for an illuminating setting powder. All of the above powders have a very matte finish meaning there is no pearl effect at all. When I say pearl-effect, I do not mean sparkle or shimmer. Pearl means just a very illuminated, glowy, airbrushed and smooth finish which is so pretty over foundation!
- Hynt Beauty Lumiere Radiance Powder– Rich in Organic antioxidants, simply dust this over moisturized skin for a natural, more youthful glow, over foundation for a flawless airbrushed finish, or mix into foundation or face lotion for a skin enhancing primer! ✨
- Lily Lolo Flawless Silk Finishing Powder– I love dusting this over my foundation after applied, it really does fill in any fine lines and set my makeup to hold up all day. This has a more pearly, illuminating peachy nude finish so this is not a matte powder. Professional Tip- Only apply illuminating powders to select areas like upper cheeks, forehead, nose… not all over!
Color Correcting Powders- Find yourself running rosy or discolored? Check out these powders that will work hard to correct any color imbalances you may have! These are great when worn alone but can also be used under your other foundations first, to correct.
- Hynt Beauty Finale Finishing Powder in Yellow– The neutral yellow shade of this powder is designed to tone down redness all while adding a transparent polish to perfect ethnic-colored skin tones. Perfect for those that want a more velvet matte finish, this creamy to the touch powder is sweat resistant and absorbs oil throughout the day, all while refusing to settle into fine lines or dry out the skin.
- Lily Lolo Corrector in Blush Away- Have redness or dark circles you’re looking to conceal quickly? If so, this is heaven sent! Designed to tone down redness, rosacea, sunburns or darkness under the eyes, this has a slight green tint to it which works wonders to truly even out the complexion each day.
- Lily Lolo Corrector in Peepo– Kiss dark under eye circles goodbye with just a few sweeps of this matte, yellow concealer powder! Ideal for disguising blemishes, bruises, or dark circles quickly!
SPF Powder- Want to finish off your makeup with a setting powder, complete with SPF30? Give this Brush on Block powder a try! Available in both tinted and translucent, this provides a flawless finish to your look all while protecting you from the sun’s harmful rays with a clean, non-nano form of SPF!
And, there you have it! A breakdown comparison of every powder I carry and when I find myself reaching for them! Still not sure which powder will work best for you? Shoot us an email and we can help you decide! firstname.lastname@example.org.