If you follow a bunch of health-focused peeps on Instagram, you have probably heard of the Pique Tea brand before but for those that have yet to, you must and here’s why! If you are someone that loves drinking tea each day OR are someone that simply wants to start consuming various teas for their amazing health benefits, this is truly the best tea on the market but don’t just take my word for it, keep reading to learn more about why this is the #1 choice among health experts worldwide!
My favorite Summer tea is this THOA Tea Co. in Cantaloupe Mint ???????? I love making it into Iced Tea, it’s so refreshing on a warm day!
To make this into iced tea, simply brew this fresh and then let it sit out to reach room temperature, then place it in the fridge where it becomes chilled Iced Tea! This is also some of the cleanest tea around as it is loose leaf, to avoid toxic tea bags and it’s made with nothing but Organic, Fair-Trade Green Tea, Sunflower Petals, Peppermint, Chrysanthemum Flowers and actual Cantaloupe Fruit as the extract! You can either get their non-toxic tea bags to brew this, or use it in your favorite glass press! ????
THAO Tea has been my favorite since last year, some of you may remember it being in my very first Organic Bunny Box! Love tea and want to try this out? Code organicbunny saves you at checkout now! <SHOP>
If you’ve been following me for a while now, you will know that I love tea! From Matcha Green Tea to regular old Green Tea, I am a huge fan of tea! The problem is, so many of the popular tea brands are not safe to consume, as most come with artificial additives, suspect “natural flavors”, chemical infested tea bags and of course, most are not even Organic which means you are drinking leaves that have been saturated in pesticides. For my past blog on why I do not drink conventional teas, as well as some of the worst tea brands to drink, Organic brands even, click here.
Now that you know why drinking Organic tea is the best/only option for me, check out this new tea line I came across, THAO Tea, who specializes in 100% Organic, loose leaf tea. This tea line is super cool for anyone who prefers loose leaf tea, as well as tea that comes in fruity and delicious flavors, without the unknown “natural flavors”. While you will see natural flavors listed in their ingredients, THAO Tea’s natural flavors all come from Organic fruit or essential oils.
Awesome features of THAO Tea-
- 100% Organic Loose Leaf Tea.
- Free of all artificial colors and flavors.
- No risk of paper or plastic tea bags releasing chemicals into your boiling water.
- Free of crystallized fruits, companies can lace their tea with crystalized sugar, without having to list it!
- Thao Tea can be steeped a few times since the whole leaf is used, no tea dust here!
- An integrity-based tea company with a passion for transparency.
I have always loved drinking tea, but after learning that many organic teas can still contain toxins, I have definitely been looking at the tea I drink much closer. I first learned about how toxic tea can be from The Food Babe after she shared an alarming article about the reality behind some of our favorite teas.
Did you know that brands like Yogi, Teavana, Trader Joe’s, Tazo & all contain unsafe ingredients? From toxic tea bags to tons of fillers added to the teas here are some shocking facts about some of today’s most popular teas.
- Celestial Seasonings– 91% of this tea tested had pesticide residues exceeding the U.S. limits.
- Teavana– 100% of this tea, was found to contain pesticides. One tea, in particular, Monkey Picked Oolong, contained 23 pesticides!
- Trader Joe’s– Contains Natural Flavors and Soy Lecithin.
- Lipton- Contains Corn Starch, Natural Flavors, and Carmel Powder.
- Tazo- Contains Natural Flavors & harmful packaging.
- Yogi- Contains Natural Flavors.