Start 2017 Green + Clean
Exactly 2 years ago, on January 1st, 2015 I decided I was done contributing to my own poor health and literally threw out everything that was not clean or healthy for my body. I had been into green beauty and Organic eating for years before that but for some reason, I was still holding onto that MAC liner, my Estee Lauder foundation and, of course, gel nails that I would get weekly. I always told myself that a little here and there wouldn’t hurt but somehow I woke up ready to throw my excuses out and start fresh 1/1/15 and I am so happy I did. For anyone that has been wanting a fresh start, I hope my page makes it a bit easier to clean up your routine, after all, it’s become my full-time job not only finding the best performing products but the safest as well.
To make cleaning up your routine easier than ever, my goal was to launch my own small online boutique of all of my faves by 1/1/17. That means nothing here contains a hormone disrupting synthetic, a toxic preservative, nanoparticles, synthetic lake dyes, bismuth oxychloride, phenoxyethanol, untreated heavy metals, PEGs, benzophenones, parabens, phthalates, triclosan + more. While I won’t call myself a purist, as I do still love performance in my products, every product here is at least as clean as it can be while still performing flawlessly. So, without further ado, what are you waiting for? Kick 2017 off clean + green with my personal faves! ????
- Moisturizer- Osmia Organics Purely Simple Face Lotion is all I currently use AM + PM. I love this lotion because it’s lightweight, still hydrating and very simple meaning less risk of irritations. For anyone with sensitive, reactive skin, this moisturizer is essential!
- PM Moisturizer- Osmia Organics Nectar Rose Drops get added into the above lotion for maximum moisture, PM mostly. These drops literally take products to another level as they increase penetration which means your skin care will absorb and perform all around better. These are pricey, however, you only use 3-4 drops at a time so a little goes a very long way.
- Hair Care- Innersense Organic Shampoo + Conditioner is all that touches my hair currently. Because our scalp can absorb so much of what we apply to it, using clean hair care is essential! Innersense makes two types, one for color treated hair and one for everyone else. Everyone at home can use this line and love it! Be sure to try the leave-in conditioner as well!
- Foundation- Vapour Organic Beauty has been a current favorite lately as I’ve been enjoying a more flexible, natural looking coverage. For anyone that likes a more dewy, BB cream like finish, the Vapour Foundation is awesome and so clean. They have 2 types, one liquid, and one stick form, the stick is awesome for contouring too!
- Powder- I still like setting my makeup with a powder and the Hynt Beauty Pressed Powder is amazing, plus, it’s nice to finally have a compact again! I keep this on me at all times and love that the sponge doesn’t sit on top of the product.
- Face Cleanser- Because I want something that still removes makeup and that’s good for my skin, I have been loving the FITGLOW Vita Active Cleanser. It’s not only great for preventing free radical damage it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
- Perfume- I’ve tried and tested a ton of perfumes and the Prim Botanicals Flor Oscura is still my #1 fave! It smells so amazing and it’s cute size allows me to carry it just about everywhere.
- Hair Serums- These have been a long time fave however, I had no idea most were full of dyes and synthetic scents that were so disruptive! The Hair Oil by Prim Botanicals is seriously heaven sent, it smells divine and you can use it as a mask or for frizz taming alone.
- Mascara- The Lily Lolo mascara is still on top, none really come close! It gives me defined lashes, never ever smudges and holds up the entire day, even through travel and overnight flights.
- Lipsticks– Most conventional lipsticks are full of synthetic dyes, parabens, heavy metals and more, in which we then apply them all to eat and drink, ultimately consuming the toxins. Instead, I now use a 100% Natural, Organic Lipstick thanks to 100% Pure and yes, they are SO bold, long lasting and beautiful.
- Bonus Item: Water- If we’re not getting enough water each day, our skin, hair and nails, it all suffers. I have been wanting to find a way to convince myself to drink more water and these glam bkr bottles do exactly that. With so many cute colors to choose from, these are the perfect way to get in your 8 glasses each day!
So there you have it, my 11 tips for starting the new year off, toxin free! If you need help color matching or just aren’t sure if something is right for you, shoot me a comment or email at anytime ???? firstname.lastname@example.org