Iced Matcha Green Tea Macadamia Nut Milk Latte
Move over almond lattes, there is a new nut milk in town and get excited because it’s both delicious and packed full of beneficial fatty acids to keep you both satisfied and healthy! I have heard of using Macadamia Nut milk before but it wasn’t until Jena from Agent Nateur did a story on macadamia nuts being less inflammatory than almonds on the body that I decided to really give it a try. Besides being a great option for anyone with peanut, soy or almond allergies, Macadamia nuts have lower Omega-6 fats which means you are getting a higher-quality source of fat than other nuts, all with a much lower risk of inflammation. Oh, and! You do not have to rinse or strain these which is a major win for us lazies.
Because I do best with simple and to the point information, in a nutshell, here is why I wanted to give macadamia nut milk a try and maybe you will too! To see which appliances were used, I also added a few links to the exact ones we own.
Benefits of Macadamia Nuts-
- Lower Omega-6 fats but higher heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats.
- Packed full of zinc, B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron.
- Contain Flavonoids to protect the body from free radical damage and cancer.
- Contains Palmitoleic Acid to speed up the metabolism which can lead to fat loss.
- Known to rejuvenate the liver and help lower bad cholesterol.
- Super creamy texture, perfect for coffee creamer or lattes!
How to Make Organic Macadamia Nut Milk-
- Take 1/2 cup of Organic, Raw Macadamia nuts and add them to your blender.
- Add in 1 to 1 1/2 cups of filtered water to blender.
- Adjust water to your needs. Less water = more creamy, More water= milkier!
- 1-2 Organic Dates for sweetness.
- 1 tbls of Organic Maple Syrup for sweetness.
- Splash of Organic Vanilla or Cinnamon for taste!
Iced Matcha Green Tea Macadamia Nut Milk Latte-
- Now that you have your milk made, all you do is add in your Organic Matcha!
- My favorite brand is Matcha Ninja as it is whisk-free, Organic, tested for heavy metals and has no bitter taste, super delicious!
- Take 8-10 ounces of Organic Macadamia Nut Milk and 1 serving of Matcha Ninja, blend!
- Pour over fat ice cubes to ensure it’s super icy!
- Pop in your rose gold stainless steel straw and enjoy!
So, there you have it! A lower inflammatory easy to make milk and a clean source of caffeine all in one! Just remember, you can play around with the ratios to get it exactly right. At first, mine was too plain so I added in a bit more maple syrup and a few more dashes of cinnamon and slowly sipped until it was just right! I will work on updating the ratios once I have found my perfect mix.