Buddha Tea Review
I have always loved drinking tea, but after learning that many organic teas can still contain toxins, I have definitely been looking at the tea I drink much closer. I first learned about how toxic tea can be from The Food Babe after she shared an alarming article about the reality behind some of our favorite teas.
Did you know that brands like Yogi, Teavana, Trader Joe’s, Tazo & all contain unsafe ingredients? From toxic tea bags to tons of fillers added to the teas here are some shocking facts about some of today’s most popular teas.
- Celestial Seasonings– 91% of this tea tested had pesticide residues exceeding the U.S. limits.
- Teavana– 100% of this tea, was found to contain pesticides. One tea, in particular, Monkey Picked Oolong, contained 23 pesticides!
- Trader Joe’s– Contains Natural Flavors and Soy Lecithin.
- Lipton- Contains Corn Starch, Natural Flavors, and Carmel Powder.
- Tazo- Contains Natural Flavors & harmful packaging.
- Yogi- Contains Natural Flavors.
What To Look for When Choosing a Tea-
- You always want to buy Organic, non-GMO tea.
- Make sure there are no added ingredients, there is no need for them!
- Make sure safe tea bags are used or buy loose leaf tea only.
Why I Love Buddha Tea-
Now that you know the scary truth behind the “healthy” teas above, you see how important a truly clean tea can be. I discovered Buddha Tea’s online, and after verifying that they meet all of the above standards and trying out several of their flavors, I am a huge fan. I love companies that do not compromise quality or morals and Buddha Tea’s do neither. Buddha Tea’s are:
- Organic & non-GMO.
- Bleach-free tea bags.
- Free of all additives, colors, added flavors.
- Supporters of a pesticide, chemical free life.
- 100% Kosher.
- 100% Recyclable Packaging.
Buddha Tea’s were created after the owner John learned how heavily most tea companies relied on pesticides, fillers, additives and flavorings in the creation of their products. Concerned about the effects of such chemicals on the human body, as well as the environment, he set out to create an alternative. John chose ingredients that were grown organically or wild-harvested to keep his teas as natural as possible. He’d also had a long-standing interest in the use of herbs as alternative medicine, an interest that inspired him to produce a line of herbal teas.
Overall this tea is amazingly clean and I love how committed this company is to providing truly good-for-you teas. This is one company I truly support and that’s because they’re doing everything right.
If you are a tea lover I would suggest checking them out, some of my favorite flavors are:
If you would like to try this line out, as always, my readers can save 10% off with code organicbunny at checkout. Click here to <SHOP>